Wednesday 25 April 2012

Bow Wow Wow

So, I was out every evening except Tuesday last week and on Thursday, I went to go and see Bow Wow Wow in Southampton with my Daddy.
No one of my generation really knows who they are (neither did they attend), this is because they were big in the 80s so about 30 years ago. The only songs people may know are 'I Want Candy' which is pretty famous and 'Go Wild in the Country' which was played as the theme tune for a CBBC TV programme called 'Cavegirl' in 2004.
I was the youngest person in the audience, no doubt about it, however, the majority of the audience were attempting to dress how they did when they were my age. Luckily my Daddy managed to dress fairly appropriately, even if he was wearing an old band shirt. There were several unusual characters in the audience, multiple people with mohawks and one guy with horns, not to mention a guy with a padlock around his neck!
I'm sure you're wondering how the actual gig was? Well, it was much better than expected, yes Annabella Lwin has let herself go a little, but you can't expect someone who hasn't been playing music for 30ish years to stay completely in shape, can you?  Nevertheless, her change in figure didn't affect her dancing skills one bit! 
Not only was her dancing awesome, her voice has hardly changed, even with feedback she managed to sound just like her old records! Obviously I never got to see her live when she was younger, but you can tell just how amazing she would have been then. 
Her fashion-sense was pretty kooky, firstly she was wearing a Picasso style top with a cap covering most of her face she took both of these off and was wearing a pair of shorts and a rather nice vest, I would definitely wear that outfit, she had a pretty good taste in clothes, also when she took her cap off she uncovered her face and looked ten times better to what I was originally expecting. She was definitely looking good for a 45 year old!
The track list was just about perfect and played all of the 'golden oldies' including 'I Want Candy', 'Go Wild in the Country', and a personal favourite, 'Sexy Eiffel Towers'. Which did sound slightly wrong coming from an older lady, but she managed to just about pull it off. 'C30, C60, C90, Go!' was definitely my Daddy's favourite and also seemed to be the majority of the audience's favourite too. The up-tempo songs all had the audience dancing around, I'm not quite sure if you can call some of it dancing, but I couldn't see one person who wasn't enjoying themselves.
Overall the night was great and had an amazing atmosphere!
Thanks for reading,
Harri :)

No comments:

Post a Comment